Wow. Thanksgiving vacation just a’rolled away. Synopsis follows:
- A day before holiday begins, my youngest sis’ is admitted into a hospital due to not being able to eat for nine days
- Days 1 and 2 – Spent in the hospital trying to cheer up poor Skippy (nickname); it’s awfully hard to do that when brain surgery seems likely
- Day 3 – Brain surgery is cancelled, Skippy is released, and vacation really starts–
- –or not. All of my sisters have caught a vicious flu!
- Day 4 – Spent in my room studying, staying away from said flu
- Day 5 – The Christmas Tree™ is brought out and adorned; three puppet shows are given by Skippy and me to the entire family
- Day 6 – Skippy is sick again. Possibly going to be sent back to the hospital
I will say this, that of all the unique holidays ever experienced by mankind, this could compete. Maybe not win, but compete.
Which is more restful? College — quizzes, tests, papers, speeches, friends; Home — illness, flu, illness, hospital, illness, family? To be continued… (or, the dual-personality of daquell. Up next!)