Apart from the business, busy-ness, and general weariness thereof at UPS during the holidays, there is a certain amount of amusement just from the neat things people bring in to ship. In the past few weeks alone, we’ve packed and/or shipped:
- Boxes whose contents the shippers mysteriously will not reveal
- Extremely fragile items that the shipper doesn’t think the extra dollar for bubble-wrap is necessary
- Fresh donuts with included chemical samples
- Letters suing UPS
- Assorted pieces of mangled wood
- Many, many renditions of Santa Clause
It’s those sort of things that keep the job fun. Those, and the free cheese and candy in the refridgerator in the back of the store.